High School Team Camp
DATES: July 14-16, 2017
*Team reservation spots are SOLD OUT!!!!
Attending volleyball camp at Notre Dame is a great way for your team to bond and develop tremendous on-court chemistry. It is also an excellent opportunity for your players to train the way we do here at Notre Dame and learn directly from Head Coach Jim McLaughlin, his staff and current Irish players. With our beautiful campus, newly renovated air-conditioned volleyball facilities, competitive pricing and top quality coaching, the Notre Dame Volleyball Team Camp is a great place to be!
- A refundable $100 deposit is due with the reservation form in order to secure your spot in camp
- Links to the online registration as well as instructions will be sent to the head coach once the reservation form has been received. All players must be registered individually by thier own parents.
- Coaches may pay for their entire team or campers may pay individually when completing the online form.
TEAM CAMP COACHES AND CAMPERS
- There is a 14 player minimum required for each High School team attending
- Two coaches will receive free lodging and meals during camp, additional coaches cost $100 per coach
- Each team will need a female coach or chaperone to stay with the players in the dorm.
- Every coach and supervisor must be background checked before arriving on campus. The background check/independent contractor form is in the packet distributed upon receiving the deposit.
- All volleyball facilities are within walking distance and are air-conditioned.
- Facilities used:
- Purcell Pavilion Main Arena
- Joyce Center Pit
- Joyce Center Field House (ND Practice Facility)
- Rolfs Recreation Center
- Females will be in female dorms and males will be in male dorms.
- Head Coaches will submit a rooming list prior to the start of camp. Note that most rooms are doubles, but with an odd number of players, one camper may be assigned to a single room in the same area.
- Keys will not be issued to campers for their dorm rooms due to safety concerns (For example, if a camper loses a key to their room on campus and a someone picks up the key, they can use that key to enter that particular dorm’s exterior doors). We ask that campers do not bring valuables! Each female supervisor will receive a key to their room.
- Breakfast and dinner will be in South Dining Hall while boxed lunches will be served in Purcell Pavilion. Lunch on Friday will be the first meal for all campers and lunch on Sunday will be the last meal at camp.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Each camper will complete a medical form upon registering online for camp.
- A University athletic trainer will be on duty each day during hours of scheduled camp activity.
- University Health Services facilities, EMTs, or the local hospital will be available 24 hours a day.
- Campers taking prescription medicine must be responsible for their own medication. If your child cannot self-medicate, a parent or legal guardian must be available to administer medication during camp. If you decide that your child can self-medicate, please make arrangements to remind your child to take his medication. Camp counselors and athletic trainers are not allowed to hold or dispense prescription medication, and will not be responsible for reminding your child to take his medication. Additionally, the health center and EMTs will not hold or dispense medication.
- Drugs, alcoholic beverages and cigarettes are strictly forbidden and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for immediate dismissal from camp without a refund.
- The University reserves the right to dismiss anyone displaying unacceptable behavior. Decisions made by the camp director are final.
- Any damage to the residence halls will be billed to the parents of the campers who have been the cause of the damage or to the parents of the campers who are assigned to the particular room where the damage has occurred.
CHECK-IN AND DEPARTURE:
Check in will be from 9:30-10:30am EDT on July 14. Departure will be at 3pm EDT on July 16.