June 23-25, 2017
Attending basketball camp at Notre Dame is a great way for your team to bond and develop tremendous on-court chemistry. It is also an excellent opportunity for your players to hone their on-court skills while being observed by the Notre Dame Coaching staff. Each year, we have an average of six states represented at camp, which makes for great competition. With six guaranteed games, air-conditioned basketball facilities and a chance to interact with one of the most accomplished coaching staffs in the country, Notre Dame Women’s Basketball Team Camp is the right place for your team! Space is limited. To register, contact Katie Capps at 574.631.8393 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Team camp sessions will fill up quickly, so we encourage you to complete and submit your deposit form ASAP in order to secure your team's spot!
- Once your team's deposit form in received, registration instructions will be emailed to the head coach.
- Coaches may pay for their entire team or campers may pay individually when completing their online registation form.
- The cost per player is $295.85 + Processing fee (TOTAL = $308) for those staying in the dorms and $240.70 + Processing fee (TOTAL = $255) for those lodging off campus. For those staying off campus, the regisration fee includes lunch and dinner meals.
NOTRE DAME COACHING STAFF AND PLAYERS
- The Notre Dame coaching staff will be very visible and involved at each Team Camp.
- In addition to games, there will be a Q&A session with the Notre Dame players and X’s and O’s sessions with the coaching staff.
CAMP STAFF AND CAMPERS
- Minimum of 8 players per team. Any team that is below 8 players, must pay the difference to get to 8!
- Head Coaches will get paid $180* for coaching their teams at camp. The head coach and ONE assistant will get comped for camp/room & board.
- Each team is required to have a female supervisor stay in the dorm to supervise the team. If the head coach or assistant coach is not a female, you may use a “Team Mom.”
- The cost for additional assistant coaches/ or team mom is $175 (boarder) for those staying on campus, and $100 for those staying off campus (non-boarder).
- Every coach and supervisor must be background checked before arriving on campus. All coaches must be listed on the deposit form to ensure they receive the background check link. Head coaches are responsible for ensuring all team staff completes the background check.
- All basketball facilities are within walking distance and are air-conditioned.
- Facilities used:
- Purcell Pavilion Main Arena
- Joyce Center Pit (Practice Facility)
- Joyce Center Field House
- Rolfs Recreation Center
- Game schedules will be made available to head coaches by noon on June 22nd.
- Teams will be scheduled based on competitive level. We will contact head coaches in May to discuss your team’s competitive level.
- All teams guaranteed a minimum of six games
- Game rules will be distributed to coaches in the full packet distributed upon receiving the deposit.
- All officials working camp are certified officials.
- Females will be in female dorms and males will be in male dorms.
- Rooming lists should be returned by the head coach to the Camp Office no later than June 1st. Almost all rooms are double occupancy.
- Keys will not be issued to campers for their dorm rooms due to safety concerns (For example, if a camper loses a key to their room on campus and a someone picks up the key, they can use that key to enter that particular dorm’s exterior doors). We ask that campers do not bring valuables! Each female supervisor will receive a key to their room.
If you choose to have your team stay in a hotel, please take a look at the local hotel accomodations that we work with in the summer: Hotel Accomodations
- Breakfast and Dinner are served at campus dining halls.
- Lunch is served in the Purcell Pavilion for convenience.
- Non-boarders receive lunch and dinner. Breakfast is on own.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Each camper will complete a medical form upon registering online for camp.
- A University athletic trainer will be on duty each day during hours of scheduled camp activity.
- University Health Services facilities, EMTs, or the local hospital will be available 24 hours a day.
- Campers taking prescription medicine must be responsible for their own medication. If your child cannot self-medicate, a parent or legal guardian must be available to administer medication during camp. If you decide that your child can self-medicate, please make arrangements to remind your child to take his medication. Camp counselors and athletic trainers are not allowed to hold or dispense prescription medication, and will not be responsible for reminding your child to take his medication. Additionally, the health center and EMTs will not hold or dispense medication.
- Drugs, alcoholic beverages and cigarettes are strictly forbidden and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for immediate dismissal from camp without a refund.
- The University reserves the right to dismiss anyone displaying unacceptable behavior. Decisions made by the camp director are final.
- Any damage to the residence halls will be billed to the parents of the campers who have been the cause of the damage or to the parents of the campers who are assigned to the particular room where the damage has occurred.
CHECK-IN & DEPARTURE
Check-in will be June 23 from 11am-12:30pm EDT in Gate 10 of the Joyce Center. Departure on June 25 will be no later than 2pm EDT.